Monday, July 09, 2007

Why PBS is awesome

So...

I know you people are coming here to read stuff I've written on my blog, probably wanting to kind of know what I've been up to and what plans I have for the future and what interesting people I've met and how successful my interactions with them have been.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm totally watching this DVD I checked out from my local library: Exploring Space: the Quest for Life. Because I'm kind of a nut where PBS shows about space are concerned.

In other words, I get a kick out of watching NOVA and stuff (and other nifty space-type PBS programming). Which maybe means I'm a nerd. But I don't care.

Now I'm all excited about the possibility of finding liquid water on Europa and discovering whether a manned mission to Mars is not only possible, but on the agenda.

So, if you'll excuse me, I have about an hour to go. And just so you know how I'm doing, I dyed my hair purple. OhyesIdid. So there you have it.

(No. No, really I didn't. But you knew that already.)

6 comments:

Your Name said...

I like Nova. They show lots of shiny things. You act as though being a nerd is a bad thing and I would beg to differ in that opinion. Anyways, I think you're cool. People who give high quality book lists to the friend of a little sister has definitely got to be cool.

Pat said...

Speaking of quirky tv shows, I've been getting in to a few of them myslef lately - things like "Storm Stories" on the weather channel, and "Ice Drivers" on the history channel - odd, maybe, but interesting - for sure...there's so little else of value on tv these days!

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

Fear not. I once borrowed the Blue Planet series from a friend at work and watched almost all of them. I had to stop, alas, because of schoolwork, but it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

I dyed a strip of my hair blue before I came home from Germany and no one even noticed. I had to point it out to people to show how "wild" I was. It didn't quite have the effect I was hoping for. Purple might do better for you though :) But I'll think you're cool....purple hair or no.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Nerds rule. Just ask Bill Gates.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

They're also way cooler than jocks. Who cares how well a person can throw around a random spherical object?