Tuesday, July 24, 2007

If I could have my way,

My days would be spent in eating peanut-butter and jam sandwiches on this really deliciously thick and spongy (and inexpensive, thank goodness) whole-wheat bread.

Because I just love them. Because they are filled with delicious peanut-buttery goodness. And that sugar-free strawberry jam I bought the other day?

An incarnation of delight itself.

So, with the silly young king I say, "How about a peanut-butter sandwich?" Wish you could join me for one. Or several.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Isn't it funny how you can go months/years without those old childhood comfort foods, and then when you remember to eat them again, they are amazingly delicious? As an adult, I have rediscovered the beauty of PB&J, Kraft Mac & Cheese, etc. Why are they so good?

And why do poems/stories of that type always seem to be about kings?

Becky said...

Do you remember my favorite childhood sandwich? It was the old "Ketchup, Mustard, Lettuce, and Cheese." Hmm. I can still taste it in my mouth, although it's been years since it touched my tongue. I do admit, though, I made it a few years ago, and it wasn't nearly as yummy as it was back when I was five.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

PB&J sandwhiches are the best thing to eat!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Becky, I had a similar experience with hot dog pancakes. When we were were little, my dad once put a bunch of hot dog slices in a skillet and poured pancake batter over them. We kids thought the result was the coolest thing since popsicles. Years later I tried to replicate the magic, but it just wasn't the same.