Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What? Pictures?

OhyeahIhaven't...

I haven't shown y'all pictures in awhile.

Let's see what I gots on me camera...


Okay. So the above is obviously a pic of me in a sunburned state, taken pretty soon after my DC trip. After this, I tried to take a picture of myself looking all depressed because I was so sunburned. It didn't work. I deleted it.

And also I kind of forgot to tell you all about something.

A couple of weekends ago, I walked The Freedom Trail around Boston with one of my roommates and a group of girls from our ward. And yes, it was blasted awesome, thanks for asking.


Above is a shot of everyone's shoes hanging out on The Freedom Trail...medallion thing. I think that's what it's called. And my shoe is the blue worn-out sneaker you see bottom center. (The jeans cover up my unsightly ankles. As well as my unsightly pale legs.)

Righto. So, as part of The Freedom Trail, we passed our be-gold-domed (and thusly blasted awesome) State House, which you can see in this skillful and well-framed (or notsomuch) photograph:


(Seriously. That gold dome...just like the one in Riven...)

Ummmlemmesee...what else to show you...

Okay. I think this'll be the last one, just simply because it takes so darn long to get these pictures uploaded, but I had to share this with you.

While on The Freedom Trail, we passed (and entered) a few graveyards. In one of the smaller ones, I noticed this gem of a headstone:


Sorry the contrast isn't all that great; I hope you all can see it. Basically, it's a couple of skeletons having a grand ol' time prancing round some sort of candle or something. I love it simply because it's macabre. And also jolly. And I didn't know they sometimes felt like that in the 18th century.

Seriously--I'm going to have to show you more of these later, but eventually you will see yours truly standing in front of that Very Famous Paul Revere Statue while looking all tired out and orange. Because, er, my shirt was orange. No other reason.

Until then, may your days be less humid than mine. Indeed.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

K. Random tidbit of knowledge that my geeky American Studies self knows. The Super Famous Paul Revere statue was sculpted by one Cyrus Dallin. "Why should I care?" you may ask. Well, the same guy sculpted the Indian statue in front of the Museum of Fine Arts AND (...drumroll please...) the Angel Moroni on the Salt Lake Temple.

BAM! Art History is awesome!

::this message brought to you by the generous funding of Boston University and financial support from bloggers like you::

Debbie Barr said...

Yay for pictures! Thanks so much for showing them to us! I love pictures! And exclamation points!!!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

SoDarnCool! So, this famous statue is tying everybody to mormonism and they're totally not aware of it. Ha! Bless your awesome notsogeeky American Studies self! :)

Uh. Yeah. Debs, watch where you're flinging them things. They's sharp.

Your Name said...

The gold dome...I've beaten that game to a bloody pulp. I still have all my notes and everything....anyways. I like how everything looks so shiney.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Looks like you're havin' tons oh fun out east. Except for that humidity thing.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

The freedom trail? What is that exactly? *becomes very curious about Boston*