Sunday, July 08, 2007

Slim rays of hope are still rays of hope.

A boy spoke to me at church today.

I was so nervous!

And so giggly and happy!

Aaaah. Yeah. Not really. I promise.

But a boy did speak to me today, which really beats all the days boys haven't spoken to me, which pretty much have made up the majority of my life. And he was even nice. And he thought we were the same age! (Which was really cute. Because he looked about 23.)

As it turns out, he's one of the Pest Control Summer Guys (PCSGs we call them (no really, we don't)) so it doesn't really matter if he spoke to me out of hey-she's-pretty-I-wanna-talk-to-her-edness, or I'm-just-standing-here-kind-of-bored-and-look-there's-a-person-I-don't-know-so-I'll-strike-up-a-conversation-edness.

It just kind of made me feel a bit happier, regardless of the reason. Because, hey. Males are males and, while interacting with females can be really good times, some moments just require some infusion of the opposite gender. 'Cause those times are even better.

4 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Yay! The only boys who spoke to me in church today were eight. So your guy was way older than the ones I had to deal with! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are a ROCK STAR!

Lindsay said...

Go you!

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

Several boys spoke to me at church, but considering they're all the eight-year-olds in my class, that doesn't count. . .Hooray for you!