Saturday, July 07, 2007

It's a world full of doppelgängers.

It's weird to google your name. Really. I just tried it. It's as though there are hundreds & hundreds of Lizardbreath McGees out there, all with different faces and interests, yet somehow connected by our common name. Which, I guess, there are.

But it's almost like finding out you've had a secret twin your whole life. Who was born in 1955. And works as a real estate agent.

Or that your double has blond hair and aspired to being an actress and is now in broadcast journalism.

Or that someone with your name has just gotten married to this guy on a freaking beach.

So it's like finding a whole ton of people who are both exactly like you and really not like you at all.

Weird is just too small a word to encompass it all. But it'll do for now.

8 comments:

Your Name said...

The funny thing is....No matter how hard I search, I can't find a single person who matches my name or my posting name...maybe I'm just weird.

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one. I can't even find myself.

Joanna said...

The only person google can find with my name is some British lady who publishes papers out of Oxford University. I'm guessing she's much smarter than I am.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh. Oh, hey. Shoot.

Sorry, guys. Maybe I just have kind of a run-of-the-mill name. Oddsfish.

You're unique! :D

Debbie Barr said...

It seems that every person with my name has created some sort of horrible infomercial product that will help fix all our kitchen problems in life. Ugh.

Lindsay said...

By googling my name I've discovered that I share my name with a relatively famous British director. Who is male. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I found lots of hits with my name: the writer of a brainy, federalist article; a make-up artist on imdb; and on the second Google page, a link to email yours truly from my mission website.

Hard to say which is weirder - finding hundreds of links to impostors with my name, or finding one that's actually about me. The latter is like seeing my face on the front page of a newspaper - it's disconcerting because I'm used to reading about OTHER people.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Sorry, Debs. And also, that's kind of funny. :)

And Lindsay, that's just...that's just kind of strange. I'm not sure how I would feel about that myself.

Kim, I definitely know how you feel; I did find a reference to myself (it was something I had written for a book review database) and felt distinctly odd seeing myself objectively like that.