Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wanna see something?

Righto. Well, in that case, feast your eyes upon this:


Yes. That is me. Being irreverent with Thoreau's statue. And looking like Dick Van Dyke. Again.

But, on to lovelier things:


This is from the spot on the beach where I sat while my roommate partook of the goodness that is the waters of Walden Pond. Below, you can see my shoes and that sandy strip of shore I talked about in my previous post.


Very sandy, eh?


Here, you can see that Walden Pond actually seems to be a favorite swimming area for lots of folks. We were there on a Tuesday afternoon, and yet there still seemed to be plenty of people there. And really, I can hardly blame them; the weather was perfect, and the sun made the water dazzling.


And the above is a picture I just like because. You know. Pretty. And stuff.

This last picture is simply calculated to inspire envy of the greenest kind. (It is, you see, an illustration of how absolutely perfect the day was yesterday.) These are my favorite kind of days--temperatures in the mid to upper 70s, breezy, with a few cumulus clouds hanging around just to give a nice contrast with that perfectly blue sky. Yeah. I'm sure you're all disgusted right now.


Hahaha. Oh, well.

In truth, it was a lovely, lovely outing. I'm so glad I went. Especially since today the skies are an unrelenting shade of grey. Huzzah.

5 comments:

Mama M said...

My dear, It is all so lovely. And you most of all. (And BTW, get over this whole Dick Van Dyke thing. You are much too pretty, and have much too small a nose, to compare yourself with him. Although he IS multi-talented, and so are you!)

Anonymous said...

I agree. Dick Van Dyke was cute, and could sing, but you are pretty and can sing. No physical resemblance. My ESP is telling me that he is highly complemented but that he agrees with me.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

For some reason I expected the Pond to be smaller--perhaps a few square yards. Perhaps it's because my home state of California is hydro-challenged, and we're not accustomed to seeing large, inland bodies of water.

Debbie Barr said...

So pretty, Beth! And may I say, every time I see a new picture of you, there's less of you! YAY!

Pat said...

Methinks Mr. Thoreau is looking a bit "pruny" - perhaps he's been spending way too much time at the pond! (...and are those people taking a dip hoping to come out more wise?)
I am so happy for you - you are living out my dreams! Thanks for sharing your explorations!