Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ohyeah and fireworks.

Er. Yes.

One of my companions (the one from Texas) told me once that this was her favorite holiday.

So, in her honor, I wish you all a happy Independence Day!

Addendum: Hoorah! I just got to see the fireworks! From my window! I didn't actually go out to watch them because I'm just that lame. (Seriously, people; I'm actually not kidding about this.) But I'm so happy! Because there they are, bursting above the trees, making me feel like America isn't really sliding downhill faster than a miniature poodle in a greased sled. (Uh. Weird image.) And also I don't have to ride the T home when it's impossibly crowded. And also I don't have to stand in the rain for hours waiting for the sparks to fly.

So, yes. I'm happy.

1 comment:

Pat said...

God Bless America!