Thursday, May 31, 2007

Now lookee here:

Okay. As promised, I have taken lots of pictures of my new apartment so you could all see where I live. And here we go!



Okay. The above picture and a few of the following will be views of my room. The above was (obviously) taken from the bed, looking at the assortment of books that have actually arrived from the post office. Oh. And also my laptop is there too.



Above is the view from the corner (where you can see a mirror in the other shot). And below is a view from the hallway into my room.



And here is me sitting on that bed in my room after setting up my camera on the A/C unit in the window and then timing it so that I look composed and settled for my picture.



Um. Yay, me!

Okay. Here's more of the apartment:



Above is one view of the kitchen. And yes, that is a coffee pot. And no, I haven't used it. Yeesh.



Above is another view of the kitchen, slightly to the right of the last view. (I wanted y'all to see that there round table. It's pretty cool. And, like, round.)



'K. That's a picture (slighly fuzzy) of the bathroom (which, thank goodness, is not fuzzy). Oh! And that reminds me: I discovered this morning that the nice, nice and (kind of) expensive towel I bought leaves dark blue fuzzies all over. Yucky.



Okay. Just to give you a sense of how long this apartment is, this is a view from the bathroom looking down the hallway. The first opening to the right (from whence light shineth) is my room and the opening to the left (which you can't really see, sorry) is the kitchen. The family room (or common room--not sure what to call it) is one opening further down the hall from my room. You can see the room below:



And here's another view of the common room taken while I sat in the corner of that couch you can see above:



What's awesome about the room (besides the nice, big TV and the VCR/DVD player you can't see but I can and I'll use it, too) are the awesome bookshelves to the right. Because, seriously. You can't have too many bookshelves.


And here's a mirror shot of me. Because mirror shots are just always so much fun. Yep. That's me. Hanging out in my apartment in the Boston area.

Still can't believe it all. Not yet. I need to wander around much, much more before I feel like I'm really here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - looks great! We all miss you, tons and tons already. Love you!

Debbie Barr said...

Wow... looks like an apartment! I like how light and clean it looks. I'm so glad you don't live in a dump! YAY FOR BOOKSHELVES!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to add to the sisterly bandwagon, and tell you it looks so cute! Are you loving Boston already?

And hope I don't bore everyone else, but I wanted to let you know, Bethy-loo, that we're officially moved in tomorrow. We've been taking over load after load, and will finish up the big stuff then. And then I will send pictures of MY new place! Hooray for nice, new homes! (I think.)

Also, if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because we don't know what to do about the internet (since we have cell phones and no land lines anymore), so we may not have it for a while until we figure it out. But know that I still love you! (And, oh, I guess I could always CALL! What a novel idea!)

Loves you too! ;0)
Reba

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Hooray for sisters!

Thanks, Mary. Miss you too! :/

And Debs, yah. Seriously. I'm loving all the windows. Except I need to get some sort of drapery thing because currently I only have a curtain over one window, which could cause problems.

And Becky--so sorry! I jumped the gun a little bit there. Good luck with your moving and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new place! (When you're able to get online again, that is. Hope it's soon!)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Love the mirror pic. :)

Joanna said...

Okay, I'm your sister too! I just haven't been on the computer for a few days. Sorry.

I just wanted to say your new place looks "SO GOOD!" (Think teen girl squad voice.) And I wanted to tell you that new towels not only leave colored fuzzies all over, but they get in your hair when you dry your hair, and pretty soon, your hair brush will have a layer of blue fuzz deep in there, and it will never, EVER come out.

So, yeah, be prepared.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thanks, Kim!

And Jo--oh, no. My poor hairbrush. Fortunately, I've noticed that the blue fuzzies seem to be not quite as pervasive as they were the first time I used the towel. They still get all freaking over my hands though. Yeesh. I haven't noticed them much in my hair, which is good, but maybe it's just that I'm not looking closely enough, which is bad. :/

Pat said...

Your apartment looks more homey that my home does!...very nice, and you look pretty cozy there!