Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh, this is nice.

So apparently I'm one very popular girl.

Well.

I guess one very sort of popular girl.

I just received this in the mail:



It's an acceptance letter from the other school I applied to: the University of Washington (distance MLIS option). (I had originally intended to apply to five schools, but the Bostonian school's acceptance came first, so because it was my first pick, I just decided to go with it rather than wait and see what happened with all the other programs. Dumb and yet smart at the same time. Yeah.)

Which--Yay! I mean, hoorah! More than one school wanted me! So, I guess if I had been completely uninterested in leaving the state and my family and had decided to reject that Bostonian school's acceptance and had not felt strongly that the Lord wanted me to go to Boston, I would have been okay. Because there was another program out there that wanted me. Just me.

I feel kind of guilty now because I have to write them an awkward email saying, "Er...you're kind of a little late; I already accepted my admission to this other school. So sorry. You'll just have to make do with a slightly less qualified applicant." Except that would involve hubris. Which is never a good idea. (Please refer to classical Greek tragedies for more information.)

So my email will probably go something like this: "I am not insensible of the great honor you do me by this offer. I know that it has taken time and effort to decide who (of the many who have sought your favors) you will take unto yourself. However, at this time, it is impossible for me to do otherwise than reject your kind (and gracious and lovely and not-right-for-me) offer. Best wishes for your health and happines, XOXO, -Lizardbreath."

In fact, I think I may just copy & paste that little message right there. Very appropriate, dontcha think?

No comments: