Friday, May 25, 2007

Advantages to driving a van:

Firstly, you suddenly realize that you could go about 10 miles under the speed limit and nobody can stop you. They can't intimidate you because you, my friend, have the bigger vehicle. By a long shot. (Take that, little sport mustang with your impatient red-colored temper. Ha!)

Secondly, you can see the road from way high up. This means that your line of sight is not obscured by things such as really tall grass. And joggers. And. Erm. Fences?

Thirdly, you can haul a heckalotta boxes (for example, 16 in total) to your local post office so that you can mail them all to yourself so that they will arrive (you hope) about a day or two after you fly in.

See Exhibit A (from the back of the van):


And from the sliding side-door view, Exhibit B:


And here's me afterwards. Oh, what's that look? Why, that's my "I'm so happy that's over and my arms are really tired and slightly scraped up from the edges of all those many cardboard boxes and I've suddenly realized that it may be difficult when the boxes actually arrive, I mean, because I think my apartment is upstairs and that means carrying 16 heavy, heavy boxes up a flight of stairs to my room and I'm not sure my arms will hold out," type of look. Oh, and also, I got a haircut.


Overall pretty good, don't you think? (Except for those flyaway bits in my hair. Eugh. But I was going for authentic anyway, so what can ya do?)

(And also, lest you think I didn't label the boxes properly, I smudged out my address on the photos I took because--hey, not stupid here, people--and if you really want my address you can blasted call me or email me and if you don't have my phone number or email address then I likely don't know you (although I can think of a few exceptions) but if you prove that you're a real person and not a scary person and that your reason for wanting my address is legit (i.e. you want to send me a birthday card, not now but in a few months, and not, like, an explosive device or anything) well then, I'll think about it.)

5 comments:

Scrapworthy said...

Urgh, I pity the mail man who has to deliver those! Reminds me of that scene in "The Santa Clause" when they delivered the Naughty or Nice list...
Love the haircut!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

If the mailman doesn't carry them upstairs for you, I'd enlist the help of roommates, and if at all possible, local members of the elders quorum. :)

Anonymous said...

You could also ask me to carry them for you. I'll be there waiting for you....Forever! ;)
Wooahahahah!

Anonymous said...

Just kidding! That last post was from me! Good for you...denying stalkers their primary need: your address. Very smart!!! No wonder so many grad schools wanted you!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Eugh. Pat, you're absolutely right. I'm kind of half-hoping that they'll just deliver some sort of notice to my mailbox & I'll have to go rent a truck or something to haul them all back to my place. I think that's the least embarrassing scenario.

Kim, I think the elders quorum thought is an excellent idea. I'll have to practice my 'swamped under-30 LDS female in distress' look.

And Pam... You. Are. Just. Awesome. Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Seriously. And I knew there must have been a reason why the schools wanted me! (It certainly wasn't because of my transcripts... :/)