Thursday, May 10, 2007

What I've been missing

Sometimes something comes along that you just have to 'Thank Goodness' for. Sometimes, you encounter something that you needed to hear when you didn't even know the need was there. But you feel that need filled when you do.

I think I've been...not too hard on myself, exactly, but a little too inclined to look at the worse aspects of myself (and I've been looking at them for a long time). I needed to realize, I think, that it's okay not to be a genius, or a world-class musician, or a great writer, that it's okay to be just me. Because I'm okay.

Now, writing this, I realize that all of this is sounding a little too much like the prose-version of lyrics to a cheesy (yet uplifting) song. But realize--what I'm writing is just an approximation of what I'm feeling.

And maybe, to get a better idea of what I'm feeling as why, you too should listen to the CES Fireside President Faust gave on May 6th. (I missed it then; I was schmoozing with my dad's family, but I just watched it online. Just now.) It's a half-hour, so I don't know that you'll have time, but if you do, please watch. (Especially if you haven't already seen/heard it.) There was something so calming and peace-filling about what he said and how he said it.

And I feel now as though I fit in my skin just a little bit better than I did before. And that's a comforting feeling indeed.

No comments: