Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The most unyeilding sound in the universe

is the sound of car meeting car in a decidedly non-friendly way. And the most unyeilding feeling in the entire universe is the feeling of meeting someone else's car with your car when you though all you'd be meeting is the (rather more yielding) air.

In short, I hit another car today.

Actually, I backed into one. It wasn't occupied at the time, which is both a relief and a stress, simply because I had to leave my phone number & a description of what happened with an explanation that I didn't think I caused any damage to that green truck, but if I caused more than I thought I did the owner of said truck should give me a call.

I hope what I provided was sufficient. So, now I'm tied to my cell phone, dreading its (rather strange) ring tone. If I don't get a call within a day or two, I'll guess that the truck owner has decided the damage I caused (I may have dented the lisence plate) was minimal and he/she doesn't want to bother with it.

Until then, I'll just be even more anxious than I would otherwise have been.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Beth! As if you didn't have enough to worry about. I'm glad that you're ok though and that there wasn't any damage. Whew!!!
By the way, I like your dream blog! But what's a pilot whale? Is it a special kind of whale or a whale that wears a little pilot's hat and a tie...and one of those little wing pins that Delta pilots used to give little kids? So much to think about....
I wish you sweet dreams tonight!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thanks, Pam. It was a pretty minor bump (I think--I can't really remember exactly how hard I hit it, only that my stomach dropped about twenty feet when I heard the impact) but, ech. Stressful. I haven't heard from the owner yet... We'll see.

And pilot whales are a specific type of whale, kind of like snub-nosed largeish dolphins. (Although seeing one with the little wing pins would be so awesome I would no longer be able to sleep at night for thinking about it. :)) You can see one (in a completely, wholly natural position and environment, no less, by clicking HERE.

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's cute! He'd look cute with a little tie and a hat too! :)

So I've been hit twice in the last two weeks, both times while sitting at stop lights. The first time it was some teenage guy that claimed we stopped out of nowhere (unfortunatley we'd been there several min. already). The second time it was a girl who got out of her car and gave me a big hug and kept saying, "I love you! I love you! I promise I won't ever do anything like this again!" as she walked back to her car blowing me kisses. Very strange. I don't really think she loved me at all. LIAR! I'm sure the truck driver appreciated the fact that the note didn't have "I love you"s all over it! Or did it??? :)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Weeeeellll... *blushes* I could definitely tell from the manliness of the truck that this guy is worth catching. (Good grief. I hope it's a guy!) So I just threw in a little "I love you" at the end. I didn't blow any kisses, though.

Scrapworthy said...

From the title, I thought this post was going to be about the screaming babies I hear in the store all the time - those are pretty unyeilding too!...sorry about your mishap, but contrats on doing the right thing - here's hoping the owner of the truck just gives your note a smile, and tosses it away!

Scrapworthy said...

drat - that was supposed to be "congrats", not "contrats"!