Saturday, May 19, 2007

I keep using that word.

It keeps cropping up: in emails, in blogging, in comments on other people's blogs, in my face-to-face conversations...

I think it's become my new tag word, which is a dangerous, dangerous thing. My last tag word was 'honestly,' which I used at a rate of roughly 1 per 50 words, which is pretty darn frequent if you ask me. (Which you won't, of course, but that's beside the point.)

My current word is, apparently, 'decidedly.' Such as: "But I was decidedly against shaving cats that day, so I didn't participate at all," or: "My opinion of squirrels has decidedly gone down after one made off with my turkey sandwich the other day."

It's too much and I need to stop.

But if I stop using that word, I'm afraid it will leave me a little more wishy-washy. Things will be ever so slightly less stable and stability is really what I'm looking for right now.

So tolerate my usage of my tag word a little longer, if you would. It makes me feel decidedly more in control.

Honestly.

3 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Tag words are fun! Although mine right now are "sometimes" and "however," which makes me sound dumb. Maybe they aren't so fun... but "decidedly" is good. Yes.

Anonymous said...

oh dear beth! LOL.. i laughed pretty good at this one!!
you are officially a "word nerd"
i love it!!!
it is a good thing you are NOT in California with me, your "tag word" would STAY:
like
Totally
awsome
stoked
and i am SOOO totally, like, not kidding.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Heehee! Annie, the problem is that most of those words have been my tag words from time to time. I have sounded like a complete valley girl at times. Totally. Hahaha! :)

And Debs, don't you dare steal my tag word. At least. Um. Before I move. After that, it won't matter so much.