Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I is here.

And with the equivalent of, I believe, about 45 minutes of sleep sporadically grabbed last night while the nearly full moon shone in on me from the airplane window, (I recall one moment when I looked out the window and the high clouds had created a white ring in an arc around the moon; I love these surreal and beautiful things we get to glimpse sometimes), I'm afraid that I've been falling asleep while I've been sitting here, typing on my computer.

So. Er.

I'm alive and I'm here and there are lots and lots of trees. And also I can't believe it. And also I haven't gone to the grocery store yet.

But I'm thinking pretty much everything needs to wait until I have slept for approximately 10 hours. Because I've (almost) been up the whole night.

And also those four flights of stairs up to my apartment are a killer, even without the 45lb luggage I so foolishly took with me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

MB!!! So you thought you could just leave and we would never find you?!?!?!?! Blame Pat! We will miss you! Wendy West

Scrapworthy said...

Uh oh - busted!
glad you made it ok - sleep off that jet lag!

Debbie Barr said...

Gah! You're gone! *sigh* My shister... but iz all good. Now I'll read your blog partly to keep in touch, and not as a way to simply waste time on the internet... WEIRD!

(P.S. I loves you!)

Lindsay said...

Get some rest, friend! I'm glad you made it there safe and sound!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Four flights of stairs, eh? Sounds like a combination apartment/gym. Did they charge extra for that? :)

Glad you arrived safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

We miss you already. :0(

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Hey, welcome, Wendy! :) So you've found me out, eh? It's good to have you here though, so I'll thank Pat instead. :)

And, Pat, thanks! I slept for about 12 hours (HOLY BEANS!) and I feel much more normal now.

Debs, you are still welcome to think of my blog as a time waster. Don't let my moving change you, dearie.

Lindsay, thanks much! As mentioned above, I got many sleeps and am very grateful for it. :)

Kim, they do charge extra for it. Also, I had to sign a binding contract that I'll stay with this gym/apartment membership for at least the next 25 years. I'm sure my thighs will be happier, though. Even if they are totally worn out.

Reba! Welcome! I loves you! And I miss you too. :( Mom told me you were in your new house--congrats! :)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Er. Don't know why they broke up that frowny face, Reba. But it looked like this: :(