Friday, June 01, 2007

Mastering the T, new comforters, and other reasons why I feel like a queen

Well, maybe 'mastering' is a little strong. But I did ride the T this afternoon. I rode it, in fact, to Bed Bath & Beyond, where I found this charming comforter set (well, at least I think it's charming):



Which I also managed to cart home on the T all by myself, thank you very much. (You may have noticed that previous pictures showed, to your dismay, that I only had sheets on this bed o' mine. Well, I'm no longer comforterless, thankagoodness.)

As I set up the comforter, all the while exclaiming to myself how happy I was with my choice (I kid you not--I really am that lame) our buzzer rang, so I dashed downstairs in my slippery flip-flops (the ones that have no traction) where I discovered a mail carrier with a heavy Bostonian accent was carting in 10 of my 16 boxes. Hurrah! He (in that wonderful Boston speech) explained that he was going to just leave a notice for me, but he thought that I probably didn't have a car (cah) and so he decided to go ahead & deliver them to me. Yay! (He also told me to take it easy when I told him I lived up on the 4th floor. Ohman. I was feeling a bit warm after hauling all them boxes up.)

So, now I only have to wait until the other 5 arrive. (One box of books came yesterday morning.)

Oh, and also, let me show you a picture I took of the subway line:


Trees. Trees everywhere. Even by the subway rails. I can hardly wait to do some more exploring!

1 comment:

Debbie Barr said...

Yay! May all the rest of your stuff arrive safely. :D