Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's the term for missing your nieces & nephews?

I'm sure one has to exist. And if not, I should make one up. Perhaps... "siblings' offspring deficiency?" Sounds appropriately scientific, right? Or not?

In any case, I'm feeling it. And just to make me feel better (or maybe slightly worse) I decided to go through my most recent pictures of said siblings' offspring. Here is one of my favorites:


In it, my nephew has on his 'So sorry, but were you quite aware that you are both a ridiculous and vaguely puzzling (yet strangely amusing) human being? And just what exactly are you doing with that intriguingly shiny box?' look, which I just love. Because he's both scornful and superlatively adorable.

And here's another one I love:


And. It's just because. So funny. And. Stuff.

I won't afflict you with more, I promise. I'll just keep on gazing at them one at a time while I have a few more of these intense missing-people type of episodes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You must be getting really popular if I'm happy to be getting the first comment on an entry. Maybe I should do one of those first comment dances that teenagers write in between asterisks on forums throughout the world. Or maybe not.

Anonymous said...

My dear, I believe that there is ample evidence in the top photo that Hyrum has an old soul. And I believe that in the bottom photo, there is ample evidence that Bekah and Uncle Peter have a strong streak of silliness. And yes, in both, unqualified adorableness. But then, mine is an entirely biased opinion. As is only right and good. BTW, missing you more. Debs walked in the door yesterday evening after talking a stroll in the "dims" and called out cheerfully, "I'm back!" You know, her voice does sound a lot like yours, and for one brief split second I thought... But I know you are where you should be. Why are the things that are good for us in life usually the things that are hard for us as well? It seems to all be part of that great plan. Just remember (as you miss the motley crew) that it is the plan of Happiness, and not the Great Plan of Misery. Thank God! (And I do mean that reverently)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Joseph, (the youngest/tallest), thank you for your restraint. And seriously! So glad you commented! :)

Mom, Hyrum is indeed an old soul. He's much older than me, I believe, which makes me want to both impress him & stand back and admire him. I sorely miss that little guy. And all those other little guys and gals. And I'm also sorry you had a little missing-me moment today. Those can be a little tough.

And I do thank Him. But never enough. :)

Anonymous said...

We all miss you, too. In fact, too much to mention. And I'm posting this comment from my new blackberry, which is just too cool for words. Love you.

Pat said...

I love that look on the baby's face - that's priceless!