Saturday, June 16, 2007

No time to dilly dally

Well, my dears, I'm off.

Off to see the great capital of our nation, that city ensconced safely on the banks of the Potomac, founded by the, well... by the Founding Fathers and populated by the politicians.

Yes. I'm going to DC.

And consequently, I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to post again or what I'll be writing about (although I'm sure it'll be laden with angst of some kind; my recent efforts at labeling all my posts have produced a surprising number in which angst features prominently) but I'm sure it'll be interesting, if nothing else.

Or so I flatter myself.

However, it is about 1:20am right now and I need to get up by 7am in order to feel sufficiently non-stressed about getting places on time, so I must bid you adieu.

Good night, then. And pleasant dreams. And, like, all that stuff.

11 comments:

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

*turns green with envy* I've always wanted to visit our nation's capitol! You have fun there and learn and see and do lots of stuff!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear about it. :)

Lindsay said...

Ooh, D.C.! Have so much fun!

Your Name said...

Take lots of pictures! Then show them on the blog. I've never been to D.C. and would like to know what it looks like.

Pat said...

I''m a little envious too - my sister and I drove right past it a couple of years ago, (she was afraid to drive through the city.) I hated being that close and not being able to see it!
I did get to see the DC Temple though.

Wookface said...

Beth, when do you come back? I miss your almost daily blog entries! They're so entertaining! I guess I could just call you...anyway, I have a favor. Could you email me those pictures you have of the nieces and nephews? I would thoroughly enjoy them! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! D.C.!!!! You must have had a totally amazing time there! There's this one girl there named Pam that is totally fantastic and smart and....
Ok...this is Pam. Thanks for coming to visit. :) I would have gone crazy this week without you! I hope your trip home was lovely and relaxing and quick! Have a wonderful week!

Becky said...

BETH! WHERE ARE YOU? I'VE BEEN CHECKING YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY AND YOU'VE BEEN GONE SO LONG AND I MISS YOU! WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME? GOSH! ENOUGH OF THIS GALAVANTING ALREADY. COME BACK TO ENTERTAIN US. WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!! (DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WRITE IN ALL CAPS? IT'S SO ANNOYING!)

Signed,
Your new official stalker :0)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Yay! I'm back! And I will give many, many details of my fabulous trip staying with the EXTRA fabulous Pam (or rather the girl who isn't Pam (extra points if you can name that movie!)) and seeing all the awesome things in DC and so on and so on.

But not tonight. Because I'm tired. But soon.

Becky said...

Ooh, ooh! I know! It's "What's Up, Doc?" "...or rather, the one who isn't Bernsie."

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Becky, you are SO the winner of the prize. Congratulations!

And the prize is...er, me telling you that you're the winner?

You're the winner! :D