Friday, June 08, 2007

A post with no pictures

Hey, guys.

I didn't take even one picture today.

Partly this was because I spent most of the day alternating between curling up with a book and checking things out online. In short, I was a blasted lazy bum all day long. But do I feel guilty about it?

Well.

Yes, actually.

You see, for me, just being here isn't going to be enough. I need to be here and feel like I'm contributing. And also supporting myself, at least nominally. And frankly, just sitting around comfortably while viewing long, long DVDs like Jane Eyre and the A&E Pride & Prejudice (which, sadly, were just not quite as good as I expected them to be) and eating an occasional (usually late) meal are just not enough to make me feel like I'm getting much done.

I did go for a walk this evening, but that's mainly because I noticed earlier (while carting my three 6.5 foot-long shelf-boxes down to the dumpster) that my legs were rather sore and prone to shaking and almost collapsing and I figured I just hadn't done enough moving around today. After walking for about an hour I decided that they were probably sore and shaky because I walked a whole heckuvalot yesterday and I was probably just making things worse by walking too much again (although I did find an awesomeish park that I think I'll visit again when I'm feeling less shaky).

I dunno why I feel like I need to write about this, but I just kind of want to say, "Sorry? For, like, being disappointing? And stuff?" Mostly maybe I'm just apologizing to myself. And promising myself that I'll do better next time and I'll get out and get a job and will stop being such a bum.

I can only hope.

Somebody pass the sweatpants, please.

No comments: