Wednesday, August 22, 2007

That feeling that you feel when you feel that... Wait, what?

I'm in one of those indefinable moods again, those moods that seem to be made up mostly of sitting by myself all day in my room, reading or checking the internet, listening to the sounds of traffic and the occasional siren outside my window, glad of the cool breeze, sad that there's a heat wave coming, full of the remnants of my breakfast and lunch, tired from having done mainly nothing all day.

It's in such moods as this that I especially begin to feel a need to be connected to people, and I find that I turn to this source as the means for such connection. Because it's here that I can say things that I feel, things I know you'll read and feel yourselves, so that somehow, for a moment or two, I'll be on your minds, and you on mine, and none of us will be quite alone.

And that, my dears, is more than comforting. Thanks for being there.

5 comments:

Mama M said...

My dear, I am anxious for you to be out and about more, engaged in the business of moving forward in your life. Too much self reflection can be as unhealthy for the soul as too little. I know that I have been guilty at many points in my life of taking my emotional pulse far more often than was good for me: "Is that rate a bit faster than it was? Did it just skip a beat? Do I detect an unevenness to it?" Just put on your dancing shoes and move to the music. And forgive your mother for passing on the overly active self-analytical gene.

Anonymous said...

"....you are always on my mind...you are always on my mind." That's a song. I know you can't hear me singing it (which is a good thing) but the words are true! Sadly you won't have much time for reflection once school and work starts in full force...so enjoy it while you can! :)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I'm anxious to get into the school routine as well. I'll be glad when I don't have quite as much time to sit and mope and get all lonely and angsty and such. (Although, in some ways, self-reflection is a good thing, as you say, Pam.)

Pat said...

Thank goodness for the internet and it's ability to instantaneously keep you in touch no matter the distance - because it seems everyone I know is so far away anymore!....
My kids ALL started school this week, and when they come home and complain to me, all I can tell them is that I wish that I were going to school too!
So, relish the experience for me - K?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thank YOU for being there, too. :)