Monday, August 27, 2007

Badgering the witness

Isn't it true that I'm only really interested in myself?

Isn't it true that my head is currently presiding over a body whose stomach is roiling with anxiety about things which are too numerous and nebulous to list?

Isn't it true that I hate to socialize in the same way that a brilliant chess player hates football? Or a really burly football player hates playing chess? Or...a really inept analogy-maker hates making analogies?

Isn't it true that I just watched Mystery on PBS and thus am trying to ask a bunch of questions to which I already know the answer sort of kind of maybe?

YOU decide.

9 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Socializing, like salmon, is an acquired taste for some of us.

Debbie Barr said...

Hahahaha. I loved what Kimberly just said! That's awesome. I should write that down somewhere....

And asking yourself questions is important. And knowing the answers already, you get a perfect score! Yay for gold stars!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Sigh. And I still haven't acquired a taste for salmon.

I wonder if there's any hope for me.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oooh! Gold stars!

I do loves me some o' them.

Becky said...

It's because you don't have the right kind of SAUCE! Tartar sauce (the kind made with dill, not sweet, pickles of course) is what you need to enjoy a good piece of salmon! And I'm not a fishy type. But dear Vince made it 2 weeks ago and the tartar sauce made all the difference.

Now, what kind of sauce would spice up socializing? Hmm...

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Awesomesauce. Or so I've been told.

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy Awesomesauce?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I hear you can get it on ebay.

Cinnamon works well, too.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

I don't like socializing, but I like salmon . . . does that mean I'm doomed for a salmon-eating social life? *shudders*