Monday, August 06, 2007

The joy of (finally) being able to be nervous about something

I just got a call this morning for someone in a library very close to my school. She wanted to schedule me for an interview this Wednesday!

Huzzah!

And hooray!

And galdaleelooooooks!

I'm so happy, because this means I can bring to bear all my powerful charms such as speaking distinctly and smiling warmly and shaking hands firmly.

Which, really, is a huge step up from just being a piece of paper listing work accomplishments.

Wish me luck! (And pray hard.)

5 comments:

Mama M said...

My dear, Praying. Sending positive thoughts winging on their way east to Bean Town. Wishing I had a wand and knew the spell. Urging you to remember my "sage" advice to "Fake it 'til you Make it!" If you cannot BE entirely confident in the interview, then, by gum, pretend you are as hard as you can. It is amazing how often you can fool yourself into being what you hope to be. Think "I Whistle a Happy Tune" from the musical: The King and I. It goes something like this: "The result of this deception, Is very clear to tell, For when I fool the people I fear I fool myself as well." Man, That is one snappy piece of music. And GOOD ADVICE!

Anonymous said...

Go get em Bethy!

Lindsay said...

Hooray for you! Good luck!!

Pat said...

Keeping all fingers crossed for you!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Go forth and conquer! They'll be so lucky to have you.