Sunday, August 05, 2007

Instead of what I should be doing

Right now, I should be reading Numbers 3. I should be reading it because I am currently trying to work my way through the Old Testament. Straight through.

I have never accomplished this before.

And guess where I've always gotten stuck! Oh. You're so good. Yeah.

Numbers.

So. Instead of reading Numbers 3 (which I will do before going to bed, thankyouverymuch) I am currently communicating with all y'all.

Cause I know you just love that.

And I'm trying to think of more interesting things to write about. But seeing as how it is now past 11 o'clock at night and seeing as how I've been up since about 7:15 and seeing as how it was fast Sunday and seeing as how I wanted a nap and didn't take one because I was too busy filling up my empty stomach after church, I think I may sleep soon.

So you'll have to wait for revelatory writings till the morrow.

Adieu. And good night.

Y'know. All that jazz.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Is that the "begat" section? Can you like nap on the open pages and just kind of "osmosis" your way through it? Good luck with that!

Your Name said...

I know what you are speaking of. Old Testament is rather dull in places, rather gruesome in others, but there's a lovely sense of accomplishment when you have finished.

. .. but know what else is odd? The number of your time caught me off guard. Here it is, 10:00 pm for me, and you have already written an 11:00 entry on your blog. Time zones are so strange. I keep forgetting that you live so very far away.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

It's First Chronicles that always gets me - a bunch of tedious lists. Second Chronicles is pretty cool though. Keep plugging away and I promise it will get better.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

P.S. When it gets into long redundant verses of who begat whom, and details of the twelve tribes each offering the exact same animals (couldn't they be efficient and say "and they ALL offered three goats, seven bullocks, etc."?) you have my permission to skim.