Saturday, August 18, 2007

Joyeux anniversaire, un peu tôt.

(Translation: Happy Birthday, a little early.)

Happy Birthday to ME! Early!

Today was a wonderful, marvelous, very good day. I went down to see my Uncle & Aunt down a ways southwest of Boston. I spent most of the time sitting in the kitchen, talking with my aunt and two girl cousins and enjoying the antics of the toddler daughters of said cousins. But I also spent some time outside, enjoying my Aunt & Uncle's beautiful yard, which you can see here:


And here:


(By the way, can I just confess that I find it amazing and wonderful that here in the east the un-landscaped bits of your yard turn into FOREST? How cool is that? You have to WEED freaking TREES. Haha! So cool!)


And also, I found a pansy growing in a crack between some stone steps. Yeah. So. Here's a picture of it.

Aaaaaand, speaking of flowers, here's my happy early birthday present:


But the best (early) birthday present of all? Knowing you all are here, reading my blog, being my friends. Awwwww.

No, not really. Really it was the Black Forest Chocolate Cake with Fresh Raspberries. (It was so good, I HAD to capitalize it.) And I have one piece left over. And to save my pancreas, I'm not going to eat it tonight. No, no. That pleasure will wait until after church tomorrow. Oh, the joy of anticipation!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey you! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're celebrating in most appropriate ways. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Bethy dear! Happy Days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be....that a piece of your yummy b-day cake were here for me! Ha ha ha! No, no, I wouldn't wish to steal your cake....maybe just try a little ;) Happy birthday Beth! I hope its super fabulous...just like you!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thanks, everybody! I've got big plans for the day itself (this Friday). They include: eating donuts, hamburgers and pizza. Oh, and maybe going out for a movie in the evening. (But my focus will be on the forbidden foods. Mmmm.)

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *gives cake and candles but computer eats it* Hey!! That was for Beth!! Give it here! *starts wrestling with computer*

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sigh . . . I want a forest yard when I grow up . . .

Hey wait - this is about you, not me. Happy Birthday!!!! With raspberries on top!!!!

And as long as you're indulging in forbidden foods, be sure to eat lots of Gouda.

Mama M said...

My dear, I have not been able to post for awhile my account has been most uncooperative! I hope this one goes through. Yesterday we could not even access the internet. (Wailing and gnashing of teeth!) Anyway, I am glad that you enjoyed your day with the family. Make sure you open the birthday box on Friday while you are on the phone with me. There is nothing very exciting therein, just a few humble but sincere tokens of my attachment and regard for you. (Sorry, been reading a lot of Jane Austen this summer.) Talk to you soon. Love, Mom