Thursday, April 26, 2007

Aw, dang.

My last post (you know--the one about losing my job and options and stuff) was the 200th one I had written. And I didn't do anything special for it.

Why, I could've put together a collection of victorian engravings and made curious and amusing captions for them.

I could've listed 200 things I should be doing instead of blogging. Or maybe 200 of my favoritest things in the whole wide world. Like ponies and rainbows. (Although you're probably glad I didn't.)

I could've talked in depth about the feelings I'm going through with all these changes that are taking place in my life.

I could've taken a moment to tell each of you why and how much I appreciate you, just for being who you are. (And also the fact that you raise the stats on my blog. That's pretty nice.)

I could have come up with an awesome image, kind of like the one for my 100th post celebration. Except that maybe I could've done a much better job on this one.

I might have talked about worms and the spiritual nature thereof, or how exactly green became my favorite color, or why I go all weak at the knees whenever I pass an office or art supply aisle.

But I didn't.

I asked for advice and you responded most helpfully.

So my 200th post was much like any other, which I guess is what a blog is mainly about. It's simply my way to communicate with you, to relate (some of) the random thoughts I get throughout the day, to let you know what's going on in my life and to explain (to my shame) that SPAM looked appealing to me the other night.

So thanks. Thanks for reading. Without you guys, I never would have gotten this far. Here's to another 201 posts.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! 201 posts! That's quite a milestone.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thank you much! :D I'm just amazed I've stuck with it this long. It's kind of weird, now that I think about it...

Joanna said...

Okay, when you say "SPAM", does that mean the cheap prescription drug emails or the canned "meat"? Either way, you've been dieting way too long. Well, not either way, only the latter way.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh, the perscription drug emails. Definitely.

No, that fried up spiced ham the other night did not appeal to me at all. It was gross, in fact. Gross, I tell you!

Urg. You're right; I've been dieting too long.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Actually, I think the announcement of a life-changing event, and a question about your future course that got a dozen of your friends to offer advice and encouragement, was a very appropriate 200th post.