Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ummm... I should blog?

I know I should. I really do. I know that you people are coming here from all over the US (and even a few internationalities!) and you want to read stuff. Interesting stuff. Stuff I have written that's full of wit and verbosioness.

However.

I'm feeling...really rather tired. Tired everything. And I don't have anything to write about.

Aw, wah, wah. I'm such a whiner.

Okay. Here you go:

Today we (i.e. my mom, dad, two brothers and myself--my younger sister is currently in California) went to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir record Music and the Spoken Word. My sister has been in the choir for a few years now, and this is (if I remember correctly) the first time I've attended one of these Sunday morning recordings.

It was lovely, of course. The Tabernacle has just been refurbished, so the choir is back in their home building, which is perhaps one of the most astonishingly acoustic structures I've ever been in. The sound was amazing; experiencing it live was definitely several scores of notches above merely watching the broadcast on TV.

Afterwards, our family meandered around Temple Square for awhile, had some sister missionaries stop and ask us for referrals (during which time we shamefacedly admitted we didn't have any to give them), then we drove to my uncle's ward, where my 19-year-old cousin was giving a talk prior to his departure to Taiwan as a full-time missionary.

Then it was off to said uncle's house where there was lots of food and lots of people and where my (freaking adorable) baby nephew urped all over my neck. Good fun. Fortunately, the kid frequently smiles when he sees me, (earning me the title of 'favorite auntie'), so I don't think the urp is an indication of disdain or anything.

And then I went singing to that one retirement home, where I managed to deflect questions about where my brother was (he's come less than five times in total, but they still ask about him every week) and play the piano softly enough that the audience could hear me singing.

And now I'm home. Home at last. In PJs. Because folks, when I said I was tired, I wasn't kidding around.

Nossir. Not one bit.

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

So your sister's a MoTab, huh? Since you have such a lovely alto voice it doesn't surprise me that music runs in your family. It was always fun singing next to you in church. :)

Joanna said...

I just wanted to once again apologize for the urpies on the neck. Hyrum apologizes too.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Hyrum is so blasted adorable (and so inclined to make me his favorite auntie) that urpies are utterly and completely forgiveable. (Besides--that shirt was SO getting too big anyway.)

And Kim, you are way too kind. My alto voice has been having issues as of late; methinks 'tis the numerous colds. Blech. But I have loved having my sis in the MoTab. (It's always fun at Conference to see if we can spot her. It's like playing "Where's Waldo?" but better.) Unfortunately, she's moving in July and will have to quit. So sad.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I guess the only constant in life is change.