Thursday, April 12, 2007

Well, and so it is.

Sometimes you have to wipe up poop. Sometimes it's on the floor, sometimes it's just around the toilet seat. And sometimes it's on the bum of your autistic six-year-old nephew. And you just have to wipe it up. Because no one else is going to do it, certainly not your autistic nephew, who is trying to play with a green slinky while you're wiping up said poop.

Well, poop really isn't all that bad. After all, everyone poops. It's just kind of stinky and kind of squishy and unpleasant, and it gets on your hands when you try to wipe it off of your nephew's bum and/or legs (how it got on his legs I will never know, nor do I wish to), but it's natural stuff. It's not radioactive (usually) and the germs contained therein are usually easily washable with the proper application of soap and hot water.

And if you wipe up poop, it usually means that your mother, who is tired after having watched her grandchildren all day, does not have to do it.

Which means you will garner favorite child status very quickly indeed.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm a professional poop wiper too - not one of the finer points of the job, but I don't have much choice. Glad that you have the choice and the choices you make.
Cheers

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Professional poop wipers really need to be thanked more often. As a current part-timer, I salute you full-timers! :)

And as for my choices, I guess when I realized that wiping the poop would clean up the mess & leaving the poop would cause my nephew's bum to get all sore, it really wasn't a hard choice to make.

Phillip said...

Beth,

I never realized before having a baby how well I would get to know her diapers! And I don't even change most of them!

Phillip

PS - Kimberly told me you're going back to school. Congrats and good luck.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Um, actually, I'm the one who had the baby. He does help with the diapers, though, for which I'm grateful.

And he's right - parenthood does make one an expert on baby doo rather quickly.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Phillip, thanks so much for the good wishes! :) I'm nervous & very very excited about going back to school.

And I'm also glad to hear you help with diapers. Again, you full-time diaper changers and/or general poop wipers have my undying admiration. Although, as far as poop generally goes, baby poop isn't as unpleasant as the more grown-up kind, methinks.

It's still stinky, though.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

LOL. That reminds me, I once found a little children's book about poop. lol. That was the title of it: Everyone Poops. LOL!

here's a phrase for you: Pinching a loaf.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Pinching a loaf...is that when someone steals bread?