Wednesday, April 18, 2007

For. Pity's Sake.

I went into Borders this morning to buy The Hiding Place. (I needed it for my book club.) So why did I feel it necessary to pick up a copy of War and Peace as well? (It's probably because I feel a need to read a Great Russian Novel before I die.)

I have a DISEASE.

A DISEASE, PEOPLE.

And also, reading course descriptions and misc new student info at that one school (the one where I'll be come fall) is very, very much fun.

Except it makes me want to be there NOW, as opposed to four months from now, which is the reality of it. Darn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I love The Hiding Place. It is one of the best stories ever told. There are several stories in there that I think about frequently when I feel weak. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I'm only 36 pages in and already I've felt the need to highlight pretty much everything in sight. It's lovely so far. I think it's one of those books that fit in the 'It's about time you read that!' category. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I need to revisit that book. I read it a long time ago, and I still remember several parts that really made me think.

Funny that you mentioned the need to read a Great Russian Novel. I keep thinking I need to do that, too, as if I can't call myself a serious reader unless I've waded through at least one incredibly long Russian book.

I'll probably get around to it someday. I think that's currently Item #3427 on my to-do list. :)