Thursday, April 19, 2007

April is the month d'amour?

So, what's up with this whole love thing anyway?

I see things like this: (many thanks to KMA for the image)


and I start feeling vaguely sick to my stomach. Honestly, people.

Am I a hardhearted individual because I've never felt the need to sidle upto a special someone and whisper the words 'forever yours' into his ear? *Gets sudden attack of the jibblies.* Or to write "XOXO" on post-its for him, or ask if we could cuddle?

Frankly, all of the above seems just slightly creepy to me.

(Well, maybe not the 'cuddle' thing. If couched in different terms.)

And yet...

And yet there's still a part of me that longs for that deep companionship that comes from a long, strong romantic attachment.

I guess when I finally do get to love someone, I don't want it to be cheesy. I want it to be deep and real and so much a part of me that it's inextractable. I want that deep immovable affection to run through me like veins of gold through rock, softening me and making what was once a lump of stone into something beautiful and valuable.

So I guess I'm just not a 'SWAK' type of girl. But then who would be, if you could have the REAL alternative?

3 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I find that a lot of things I once thought were cheesy don't sound that way when there's real, solid love behind them.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Sigh. I suppose you're right. And I'll come back to this post and recant everything I wrote here. But until then, I'm afraid I'll still continue to shudder at things I consider cheesy. (Unless of course they're in a chick flick. I can always stand that sort of cheese.)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - funny how that works.