Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More because I can't help myself than anything else

Um.

So, I just finished Dragonhaven, which is Robin McKinley's most recently published book. (And yes, it was really good. And also, just different than stuff I've read by her before. And also (again) really good.)

And so in a fit of slavering fandom, I went to her official website where I found a link to her blog. Her BLOG. That she had written in TODAY. And suddenly it was like I realized that I had a roomful of chocolate that A: Would not make me sick to my stomach, B: Would not make me fat and C: Would also possibly improve my mind.

And I just kind of don't want to do anything else for a few hours than sit and read up on her life in rural England and think about how much I admire her work and also that I am Unworthy.

This is what slavering fandom will do to you.

And it will also make you wish you really could sit down for hours perusing your favorite author's blog and just leave those dishes and that institute class and that working till 1am to rot in some little garbage heap in the back of something. Or maybe not to rot, but at least to sit quietly and patiently for you until you're really quite ready for them.

Alas that they do not.

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

All her footnotes, and footnotes of footnotes, and footnotes of footnotes of footnotes, and footnotes of footnotes of footnotes of footnotes make my head hurt.

Debbie Barr said...

It's such a trap! Author blogs are on my Top Ten List of Things That Suck Away My Time on the Internet. Which I should really write down sometime.

Also, will you bring Dragonhaven at Christmas? Please? So I can read it?

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Kim, I agree. But they're kind of fun. And also they make me think (a little uncomfortably) of the time in my life when I would end letters to friends (or rather one friend in particular) with P.S., P.P.S., P.P.P.S., and... You get the picture.

Debs: Definitely. Because I am just the bestest sister EVER. (But remind me to do so, just in case. Because even bestest sisters sometimes/often forget stuff.)

Joanna said...

Um, I can't believe you linked Debbie to another author blog! Don't you want her to study for American Heritage? SHE WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE!

(BTW, that scolding was for you, Debs, and not for Bethy. Because, seriously, when do you ever find time for homework?)