Friday, December 28, 2007

Sometimes I just wish I were a boy.

The other morning, my brother woke me up and showed off the beard he's been growing over Christmas break. And I became pretty jealous.

I mean, women can't grow beards. (Well, some can, but...not me. Seriously. NOT ME.)

And I just laid there in bed half-awake and thought about how nice it would have been to be a boy. I would have been able to grow beards, sport hairy legs without shame and pee in the woods with ease. (That last one has made me envious so, SO many times.)

Other advantages?

Well, let's talk about dating. Ratios? TOTALLY in guys' favor. Also, there's something about the female role in dating that's just so darn passive. Makes me crazy, really.

Also.

No. Periods.

Reason enough, eh?

Yeah. I thought so.

9 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The ability to grow a beard in no way compensates for the annoyance of having to shave every day to avoid looking like a mountain man.

However, I do agree that our society's female role in dating is way too stinking passive.

Pat said...

My first response was "you can't be serious?"....but toward the end - I see your point. *sigh* more's the pity.

Anonymous said...

Just because you're expected to fill a role doesn't mean you have to.
xo
Libby

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The trouble with breaking the rules of the dating game is that it's hard to find someone willing to break them with you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but then you end up with a real person, not just a cardboard cut out. Worth the effort, I feel.
xo
Libby

Becky said...

I was thinking along the same lines as this just the other day when I was expecting a visit from our good friend Aunt Flo. Anyway, it was Sunday, and I was at my in-laws. And I seriously just started crying. There was no reason. I tried and tried to come up with one, but nope. I wasn't sad or angry or upset or anything. I just cried for about five minutes, wiped the tears, and walked out of the bathroom much better for it. (And btw, my dear hubby agreed after I told him this experience--he's glad he's a man!)

Joanna said...

Tee hee. "A visit from our good friend Aunt Flo." That's funny, Becks.

Wookface said...

Mostly, I just like that this blog was about me! And I am SO sad that I had to shave said beard! Oh, it was glorious...

alea said...

Yeah, really, there's pretty much no way in which being a man isn't just easier. I'm glad of that for myself.

And please, shaving every day isn't that bad. Plus, if you let it go a day or two you just look edgier. A woman lets her legs go a bit too long though and she looks...not a good a thing.