Friday, December 07, 2007

Something new to love

A few weeks ago, I saw the Sony Bravia ball commercial for the first time. And I realized just today that I really, really love the music they use. It makes the tone of the commercial something beautiful and wondrous, turning bouncy balls into a glorious, almost gentle colorful snow. And also, it's shot amazingly, amazingly well.

But back to the music--I kind of love it. And I listened to it tonight. And for some reason, it made me get this sad, wistful feeling that I sometimes get when I listen to sad, wistful music.

Lovely, lovely stuff, anyway.

Anyway.

Anyway.

I'm not really sad, per se, just...the music sometimes makes me that way. And that's fine, I think.

See it here, if you like:

5 comments:

Wookface said...

Beth, that video is AWESOME! I loved the making of video, as well as the paint ad, that was great too. Where'd you find those?

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I was hanging out with my roommate and some gals in the ward at their apartment. One of them is way into film, and she told us about these commercials that are apparently NOT aired in the U.S. (Seriously--our loss.)

They have two others, I think: the pyramid one and the Play-Doh one. They're both dang cool as well.

Debbie Barr said...

Oooh, that was fabulous! I'll watch the other videos when I go home for Christmas, because BYU has blocked YouTube. :(

Palomita said...

I watched that ad for the first time several months ago - love it. It really is so mellow and soothing. I wonder if all the music by that band/artist is as good.

Really, such a pleasing experience for the senses. You can almost feel the rough rubber in your hands...

Mama M said...

I liked the brief second when you see the little dog on the little ledge. I feel like that sometimes, like a little dog on a little ledge, just watching all the colored balls bounce by. Sigh.