Monday, September 03, 2007

Huh. Wait. Maybe I'm actually sick.

For the past week or so, the number of sneezes I have made (performed? done?) during any given hour has increased by some 500%. (And also, 90% of statistics are made up on the spot.)

I have believed all this time that said sneezes (and itchy eyes, and stuffed nose that is somehow also runny) are simply due to seasonal allergies.

However, today I wonder.

I also have developed a sore throat and the allergy pills I've been consuming in great quantities don't seem to be making much of a dent in my general minor suffering.

So maybe I have a cold?

Or maybe I have a cold on top of seasonal allergies, which will be, methinks, an interesting combo, since I can't really tell the difference where one ends and the other begins (assuming, of course, that they're both there (i.e. in my body) at the same time).

Where was I? I feel foggy.

Ohyes.

I'm sick? Maybe? Which isn't good, because it means that I'll be feeling less than perky and sociable for Advising Day tomorrow, during which I get to meet all other incoming students to my school of choice as well as my faculty advisor and perhaps other important library persons whom I currently do not know about simply because I have not yet met them. Or heard of them.

But I'm sure they're important anyway.

In any case, I'm really hoping that this sore throat and ookie nose (and possibly swollen lymph node?) are merely the results of my body bravely defending itself against that maurauder: pollen.

'Cause otherwise, I'll make not only myself miserable tomorrow (small miseries, of course, but miseries nonetheless) but I risk making other people miserable as well. You know. After I sneeze uncontrollably for five minutes straight in their general direction.

Nobody likes that.

Even from librarians-in-training.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Ugh! Not the best way to start a new job, that's for sure!
I'm going to e-mail you some advice from "granny," OK?

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth! I finally got your blog address. YEAH ME! I been thinking about you so much since you left and I'm so glad to be able to read up on all that's been going on in your life. My email is biglerdesigns@msn.com. Write when you get a chance and I'll be able to send some pictures of the kids and stuff. We sure miss you at church. Hope all goes well today. Hope you feel better soon.
Ashley

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I'm sure they'll be so dazzled by your natural charm and wit that they'll completely overlook the ookiness. Which I hope will disappear promptly.

Lindsay said...

You and me both! I seem to also have come down with a little something...no fun. Here's to feeling better soon!

Debbie Barr said...

Beth, I completely understand! I've been sneezing a ton, and I keep thinking "my roommates must think I'm dieing, or something." Ugh. Allergies/colds are terrible. *hands you a virtual tissue*