Friday, February 02, 2007

Little Baby is Growing Up

I'm used to taking baby steps. Lots and lots (or perhaps not so many) little, teeny tiny itty bitty babyish steps. That are also small.

But today I took a BIG step. A really really BIG step.

And my legs are feeling more energetic than ever. In fact, as I returned to work after taking that BIG step, I felt like running. I wanted to dash the couple of hundred yards from my car to the employee entrance. I also felt like singing. And did. (Quietly.)

Guys, I am applying to grad school. I have my essay pretty much wrapped up, and one out of the three letters of recommendation already written. I just have to put together online applications, have my transcripts and GRE scores sent out and baby, I have got this thing in the bag.

Come fall, I am SO going to be taking BIG (not baby) steps onto some campus or other (virtual or otherwise) and learning the ins and outs of the appealing field of Library Science. (I rather feel that the words "Library Science" should be sitting on a pedestal surrounded by blinking Christmas lights, but I can't figure out how to do that on the blog.)

Wish me luck. And wish me brave. And wish me dilligent.

Cause I'll need all three to get this done.

And it is SO getting done.

4 comments:

Pat said...

God speed Beth! - go get 'em!

Debbie Barr said...

WHOOO! Go Bethy! You are so going to do it. You are so going to make it! YAY!

Anonymous said...

You rock, Beth. Some grad school is going to be lucky to get you.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Wwwwwooooooooo!

It's getting done, people! Thanks for your good wishes!