Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why I should never take drugs. Ever.

Last night I dreamed that I saw this enormous spider-like creature that crawled up to my immobile hand and sunk its little pincer-mandibles into it.

Then (in the dream) someone explained to me that the spider-thing wasn't really real; I had taken this drug which caused me to hallucinate and see bits of rock (or maybe it was sponge-cake; the dream wasn't really clear on that) as these spider-like creatures. I was so relieved that I was just dealing with a rock.

And I vowed then and there never to take drugs again.

Yeah. Spiders. The new anti-drug.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dream sounds kind of anti-cake or anti-rock to me. I may never be able to eat cake again since I'll always be thinking about spiders...
Yeah...right! ;)

Anonymous said...

I once had a green olive sink its mandibles into me, but that's never happened with sponge cake. I'll have to watch out.

Freud might say that the spider/cake association is symbolic of your current antipathy toward sweets.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I take Nyquil I can always count on some freaky dreams. I guess the answer is to just never get sick!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Dreams are such fantastically weird and delightful things. I think I used to dislike strange dreams, but now I love 'em. Bring on those sponge-cake spiders and the meteor-hurtling-to-the-earth scenarios! (Well, maybe not those...but I will take the ones in which I can fly. And also make my eyes glow. Crazy cool.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . dream flying is fun, and I've done it so many times that it doesn't seem unusual anymore.