Thursday, October 11, 2007

Slightly dampened spirits

You know those oldish cartoons (Disney? Had Goofy?) where drivers would run through puddles on the side of the road, drenching harmless pedestrians nearby?

Well, tonight, walking back to the T stop after my triumphant finishing of the technology requirement and celebratory YouTube watching, I was that pedestrian, and a bus was that Goofy. Or. You know. Whoever.

In short, I got soaked, and soaked darn good.

And then my umbrella turned inside out.

I think the universe was just trying to balance things a little.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was that pedestrian once, too. Not fun. Hope you dried out well. :)

Debbie Barr said...

Oh, Beth, I'm sorry. :( If I could give you chocolate right now, I would. Especially if it was magic South Beach Diet friendly chocolate, that had negative calories.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I was once that pedestrian in jeans. Not fun. It took them forever to dry.

Joanna said...

At least it was at the end of your day, not the beginning, so you didn't have to walk around it wet clothes all day.