Saturday, October 06, 2007

Blinking at the surprising sunlight

This past week has been, to put it mildly, a little intense. Basically, I had a paper due in every class, and my thinking that I had been managing my time pretty well was pretty much confirmed as the worst of self-delusions.

In short, I have spent the past week working desperately to finish one assignment (usually tinkering with it up to 10 minutes before class), turning it in, then working like mad to finish the next paper, which was generally due within the next two days.

So now, suddenly left with nothing looming over me (at least nothing looming closely in a breathing-down-my-neck, whispering-menacing-things-in-my-ear type of way; I still have plenty of things skulking across the street Giving Me The Eye), I'm amazed at the half-unbelieving sense of newfound freedom I seem to feel.

I think I may celebrate my return to the land of the living by finishing my delicious spaghetti. And then becoming unconscious. For a very long time. Cheers!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Reminds me of a fall semester at BYU when I had just finished my last final. As I walked back home to good old 900 East, I breathed deeply and looked up at the snowy mountains for the first time in weeks. I was amazed at how beautiful they looked. Lately I had been so intent on completing things and generally surviving that I hadn't thought to relax, look around, and enjoy the view. Glad I did.

Enjoy oblivion. And Conference.