Saturday, October 20, 2007

Aha! Poetry!

It's been awhile since I've written any, but I just wrote two today. The first one's no good, but I kind of like this one:

Post-it notes from the desk of God
Yellow brown leaves drop
all zigzag in the
yellow green light,
falling like Post-it
notes from the desk
of God.

If you read the lines
right you’ll find His
scrawled handwriting
(like a doctor’s,
barely decipherable).

On this, “Dinner with the
Matsons on Thursday,”
or another: “Prompt Pope
about reforms,” and half-
hidden between the
roots of a tree:
DRY CLEANING!!!

But that one that
just
missed
your
head
reads
“Remind her that I’m
thinking of her
and sending
her
leaves.”

(My apologies to those who've already read my post on that one writing blog.)

Anyway, I hope your autumnal days were all glorious!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I really liked this one. Thank you for sharing it.

Post-its from the desk of God - brilliant.