Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whimsical

Driving home from work the same way every day is boring.


So I try to mix it up a little now and then by taking some back roads. (Well. Actually, every road back to my place is a back road, I think.)


One of my favorite drives goes by some empty fields, and in one of those fields is this:






(Here's a closeup of the sign beneath "Save the Dragon"):

I'm not sure what it used to be before becoming a medieval reptilian monster, but now (with the loving addition of some green & white spray paint) it's become a monument to whimsy, just something fun that someone put together once for no reason at all.

I wish I made things like this more often.

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Hooray for dragons! And whimsy! And chicken chili with cannellini beans (mmm--tasty beans)!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Beans? I wonder if dragons like beans...

Pat said...

Cute! ....but I'm thinking maybe...some farmer has too much time on his hands!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I bet Mexican dragons like beans. Uruguayan dragons probably prefer pasta.