Saturday, March 24, 2007

Under Chobee's Protective Influence

Lest you think I am a cruel, cruel auntie, let me first of all inform you that I did not do this to my niece. She did it herself, before she fell asleep.

The reason she did it is simply this: Chobee is everyone's favorite terrycloth-covered, beanbagably-mushable, green little unidendifiable reptilian sort of action hero.

Yes, that's right. Action hero.

And, like Vin Diesel in The Pacifier (which I have never seen, and likely never will) he has moved on from being an actor who overthrows the powers of darkness (in Chobee's case said powers being embodied in the form of one unpronounceably Russian Dame) and then suddenly moves on to a fanbase of children.

It's quite a jump, really. The last time some of you saw Chobee, he was dashing out of trees and jumping down several stories to knock out Russian heads. (We won't mention the make-out scene here.)

And now, he is exerting his terrycloth protective influence over children. Specifically my niece. Who loves him dearly.

Alas. I could tell her now (but won't) that her heart will surely be broken. Chobee has never existed just for one girl, but for all.

(The little punk.)

5 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

OH MY GOSH, IT'S CHOBEEE!!!!! *fangirl squeel*

Becca said...

Ah yes, I doubt Chobee will ever settle down. Changing his fanbase from the action/adventure crowd to children is certainly an interesting change, though. And oddly enough, I believe a certain Russian Dame with an unpronouncable name (although personally, I never found O'MacFitzsondotterskiachov all THAT hard to pronounce ;) is planning on settling down and becoming much more child-friendly in the future too. Especially with a certain special delivery of the baby sort due sometime around September 30th.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Wwwwwooooooah!

Wow!

YOWZA!

And, like, ever happy smilingnesses. Becca, you're expecting a little one! Congratulations are definitely in order here. Oooh! I'm so so happy for you! :^D

Christian said...

Congratulations, Becca! Now that you've been a villanous Russian Dame, a Ramen-obsessed Italian and the daughter of the Pirate Queen, I'm excited to hear you'll be playing the role of a lifetime: a mom. Best of luck!

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

CHOBEE!!!! *swoons*