Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Motivations

I hate not exercising when I'm sick.

Of course, this is a new discovery, since I've never been a person who thought exercise was at all desirable in any form ever.

But now I am.

So.

Today, despite that cough that just WON'T go away, I got up early, laced on my tattered sneakers and exercised for the first time since getting sick on Saturday. And, I've kind of half regretted it, because the coughing has been worse today, and I've felt utterly junky tired, like an 'Oh, I think I'm getting sick' type of tired, except it turns into 'Wait, I've suddenly realized that I just was sick, therefore this must be me recovering from being sick' type of tired.

Unfortunately, going without exercising tomorrow is simply not an option, because I've been feeling blehFATblah again, and the only cure for that (over a period of months and months) is to jam as much as I can to excellent Coldplay tunes and climb up the hills in my hometown while trying not to pass out because the air is so thin. (Great fun, that, actually.)

Oh, and also I avoid sweet things as if they're snake venom, which is really difficult to do when someone brings delectable and delightful English treats to our Middlemarch book club (Oh, fie, fie! Why dost thou tempt me thus?) which I force myself to refrain from eating and yet cannot resist numerous backwards longing glances.

I will now comfort myself with yet another sugar-free cough drop.

Mmm! Black Cherry!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Blast these change of season colds. I'm trying to get over one myself. Feel better!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

It's kind of a bummer when you have two choices, and both of them are likely to make you feel bleh (e.g. exercising while sick/not exercising, or eating forbidden num-nums/resisting the aforementioned tempting morsels).

I admire your self-discipline. I probably would have exercised, too, but resisting the num-nums would have been tough.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

It's always tough, but surprisingly possible! :^)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh! And Lindsay, I hope you feel better too! Darn colds.