Monday, May 29, 2006

So, what do May showers bring?

Snow. Of course. It's only natural. You see, for the last week, we've been having unseasonably warm temperatures, and the week before that, it seemed like every day the high temps were either meeting or breaking records set back in 1935. (Or was it '34?)

Anyway, so on Friday, it was pretty warm, but windy. Saturday it was cooler, and kind of overcast. Today, as we were going to church in the morning, piling into the car while trying not to knock each other out with the huge ol' bags o' church stuff we were all carrying, my dad opened the garage door, and I gasped. And yelled. And I quote myself:

"Snow! What the--HOLY COW! IT'S TOTALLY SNOWING! IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!" Yes, indeed. While the grass was still vibrantly green, (and shiny, in fact--wet from all that precipitation), there were thick clumps of something that was undeniably more flaky than rain. And sleet. It was totally snow, yo.

It snowed again briefly as we were coming home from church. It didn't stick, and in fact, while the snow line has moved significantly down Mount [won't mention his name, especially since I found out he was two-timing with Libby - Kim, you were so wise to refuse him], still, it's well above even the highest house in my little community.

So, I guess I didn't mind so much. And it's not really SO strange that it snowed in May... Here in Utah, that's actually kind of typical. It's that temperatures were in the high 80's like TWO DAYS AGO. So, that thing they say about "just wait 5 minutes and the weather will change"? Yeah. TOTALLY designed for where I live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. The weather in Seattle has been really crazy too. It rained all weekend.

I wish. Its been raining here since Noah built the ark. I'm pretty sure that Noah didn't have it all that bad, he only had rain for 40 days. Of course if I lived in zoo for a month I might feel differently about it all. I did live in a Chinese boys dormitory, 30 19 year olds and one foul bathroom....that almost counts.

Anonymous said...

The closest I ever came to living in a zoo was a small house with a corn snake loose in the walls. Wonder what ever happened to him. Maybe he was adopted by the quail family that used to roam around our backyard.