Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some things I love:

I love the feeling you get right after you've washed the last dish after doing some intense cooking. It's the satisfaction of completion, of finishing, of being able to sit on your bed and put your feet up for a while.

I love long intellectual conversations with my roommate, about theology and love lives and why being kind to people just makes good sense.

I love a book I just checked out from the library: The Arrival. I'd been curious about it for some time, but hadn't yet had an opportunity to look at a copy. It's an immigrant story, done entirely by pictures, so it's more of a graphic novel than anything. It's beautiful and strangely moving. I also love what the author Shaun Tan has to say about it.

I love finding out that I'm an aunt all over again, and seeing pictures of this very small person who, although I've never met her, is already so dear to me.

There are, indeed, so many things to love.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

indeed. so many many many things to love.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I get much more satisfaction from sitting down to EAT food than from washing any dish involved in its creation, be it the first or the last. But hey, if that floats your Bethy boat, more power to you. :)