Sunday, January 14, 2007

You make me miss you through your friend-like wiles

Aararargh! Gosh darndit, peoples!

I miss you.

Especially you people who were here but now are not. I missed you all so much today that I drove by Cathy & Ed's old house and mourned over the camper that sits obesely in the driveway that once held the Jeep whose name I cannot at present recall. (My apologies, Jeep.)

I miss you so much that I find myself catching my breath at times when I remember you suddenly! Ah, bothersome friendships where people move and leave and start up elsewhere!

I should be doing the thing I normally do; I should be forgetting about you to the point that if any one of you were to reappear in my life I could spend an hour with you at most before getting excessively uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. I think if we were all to get together again, it would be Good Times. Great Times. Freaking ROCKING Times.

But we can't and we won't and I know it.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Botheration. This is the first time in several weeks that I've been able to access your blog (blame A T & T). And now I'm crying, because I miss you too.
We're heading to CA this Thurs, planning on having Gwyn's baby blessing there and visiting with my sisters before they move their families from San Diego to Washington State and to Bermuda. Yes, Bermuda. My sister Christine is going to triangulate.
You interested in a sudden CA jaunt? Okay, there's probably lots of snow on the road...you work...and all that jazz. Blech. In this context, I don't like jazz.
Ed says you can apply to schools out here and live in our spare room. He'll even drive you to the train station--in Strider.

Anonymous said...


Some 2006 Schaller Photos

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Cathy, while I wouldn't have you cry, still it's good to be missed. You're certain you can't make a 24-hour (or so) layover in the SL Airport?

And Ed, BLESS you! Now I can kind of stalk you guys! Hooray! :^)