Thursday, January 11, 2007

Life Lesson #1

Never, EVER have a 3-car-wide driveway attached to your house unless you also have a snowblower. Like, an industrial strength one.

Seriously people.

I'm cold and my back aches and my fingertips are still tingly. But other than that, it was actually a pretty good day.

And I've also discovered a trick to keep your face from freezing solid while you're shoveling snow: sing "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean," and while your cold, back-aching, finger-tingling neighbors will stare at you in shock, your face won't shatter when you next try to speak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that "Here We Come A'Wassailing" works well, too.

Pat said...

Oh - so sorry Beth! I've found that for the price of a Pepsi, my brother in law will do it with his four wheeler!