Thursday, July 20, 2006

So, what shall it be?

Oh, you guys. I'm so sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been...not quite in the mood to post.

You see, posting takes a firm (maybe) grasp of something interesting to explore, a great deal of energy, and a tiny amount of oregano. (Although basil may be substituted in extreme circumstances.)

While my oregano supply is still running fairly high, my energy and topic levels have dipped significantly below where they need to be for a good, fiery, home-town cooked Lizardbreath post.

However, right now, I am feeling a slight increase in afore-mentioned levels, and I'm also feeling vaguely alone since my family has traipsed off to California without me. (Well, 'traipsed' is perhaps the wrong word. But it sure sounds good.) Please, don't feel indignant on my behalf. My grandmother is being interred in California, so they've gone down for the second funeral (the first was this past Monday, which was good & sad & wonderful & tearful, and no, I'm not really going to go into it more than that right now) & the burial, and just to be with family for a few days. I'm sad I'm not going, but with the recent surgery & with the already low number of personnel at work, I didn't quite feel that I should go.

So, I am even now perched on the bed, with my laptop secure on my...well, my lap...and I am currently wondering exactly what I should write about.

I could mention that I've become an Alton Brown groupie. I guess days on end of lying on the couch sipping liquids while watching Food Network has changed the chemical balance of my brain forever. Alas.

Or, I could talk about getting the 'steri-strips' peeled off of my belly by my surgeon and then going home and having the immediate desire to show my incisions to all my family members. But I resisted. (Well, except for that little exhibition for my sister. My oh my. She puts up with a lot from me. I guess I'm lucky.)

Or, I could talk about that Mr. Rogers thing I was going to talk about before, but didn't get a chance to...But that's kind of boring.

Truth is, kids, most of what I could talk about right now would be boring. I have a lot on my mind, and almost nothing at all in my head. Nonsensical? Naturally. But true.

But, I know that, when I do finally come up with a really great and entertaining topic, you'll all be there, ready & eager to read what I've written.

Until then, I'll just be here. With the Food Network. And my laptop. And my incisions. (Happy, happy incisions...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy hearing from you, whether the post is profound, silly, or just vaguely ramblingish. And I'm especially happy that I logged on and found a new post today--it's been a long week, and I needed my Lizard fix.

Glad to hear how you're doing, even when life's pretty low-key. Give Alton Brown my regards.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Happy to provide a good Lizard fix where it's needed. :^) I hope your week will go better from this time henceforth.

Oh, and Alton says 'Hi!'

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful of him. :)

My week is indeed going better, now that you mention it. Reading the word "Nonsensical" in context tends to have that effect on me. Phillip's peanut butter cookies and the fact that it's Friday may also have been partially responsible for my recovery.