Thursday, July 27, 2006

High Foreheads and Recording Contracts

Did you know that Norah Jones has a high forehead?

She does.

I wasn't really aware of this myself until I bought her CD Come Away With Me, (do you italicize names of CD albums???), which features several pics of said artist in which it becometh clear that her forehead beeth high.

Which got me thinking.

I too have been blessed with a high forehead (compliments of my dad, who has a forehead extending nearly to his neck--which I think is adorable, by the way). So, why can't I make a fabulous debut album and set up recording contracts with major record labels? You know? 'Cause really, I can't even imagine a better correlation than the one between high foreheads and recording contracts.

So. I will learn to croon, and play the piano properly while I croon, and I will make my sultry voice resonate in the midst of smoke-filled rooms. And then some punk kid with a tape recorder and a dream will hear me, and off we'll go to strike it big. And me with my high forehead, and the kid with his savvy technical know-how, we're gonna go all the way.

I can feel it.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I totally see the connection.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thanks, Lindsay! I feel vindicated. And, like, not crazy. :^)

Anonymous said...

You know, during the Renaissance, widow's peaks (where your hair forms a vampire-esque V at the top of your forehead) were considered very attractive. Too bad I was born five centuries too late to take advantage of that fact. Talk about bad timing.

Be grateful you have a high forehead in a century when it will be fully appreciated.