Friday, April 28, 2006

Well I just had one of the darned pleasantest lunches EVER.

It's not often that you can feel justified in taking an entire day off of work just to go to lunch with your family. And, actually, today was not one of those times. However, I DID feel justified because I took the day off to go to my sister's graduation from college, and we stopped and had lunch afterwards. (Happy circumstance!)

The wait was long. Actually, it was really rather horrendous. You see, when we got there, they (those poor, harried restaurant employees) told us that the wait would be about 45-50 minutes. So, my dad put our name down on the list, and we trekked over to a nearby bookstore and browsed for about 20 minutes before trekking back to the restaurant where my mom was sure we'd be seated relatively soon. An hour and ten minutes later, we finally got our table.

The good thing is, the wait was utterly and completely worth it. We got the patio table, and with a near-cloudless sky, and springishly breezes blowing, even the setting by itself was ideal. Then, when our good-looking waiter (my brother-in-law's cousin, by chance) brought us our crusty baguettes and smooth, white butter to spread upon them, along with endless glasses of strawberry lemonade and heaping platters of ceasar salad, followed shortly thereafter by our fabulous main dishes, (mine of course being chicken parmesean--LOVE that stuff), and while the conversation throughout all of this was lively and entertaining, and ranged from observing that wisp of cloud that became a large cloud, and whether that other wisp of cloud would become a large cloud too, and how genetically, my brother-in-law and his waiter-cousin could be considered half-brothers because their mothers are identical twins, I could not help but think that this was one of the best lunches I had ever had.

And so it was. The end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good food and fun family--sounds like a great afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Moments like that are so insignificant...and yet they're the ones that make life worth living. What a happy day!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I know! Great memory. And I know I TOTALLY made you all jealous! *Winks*....*Jabs with elbow* Huh? Aren't you jealous? Huh? Yeah. I thought so.