Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wow. Man, I mean, just--WOW.

I don't know if you all have had the luck to chance upon one of the recent United Airlines commercials whilst aimlessly channel surfing, but let me tell you, I have never seen "Rhapsody in Blue" put to better use. (Well, maybe once, but I won't go into that here. (Gosh, I love writing vague asides!))

Each commercial is a mini animated feature, and absolutely no dialogue, except for a bit of a United Airlines plug they put in at the end, which, surprisingly, always blends pretty harmoniously with the rest of the piece. Although I've seen a few of these on TV, I could only find the two most current ones on the United Airlines website. However, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Go HERE to see the commercials. My personal favorite is 'Dragon,' (mainly because the animation is simply STUNNING--watch the 'Making of' featurette if you have time--and because dragons are cool), but 'The Meeting' was wonderfully amusing and entertaining in its own right. (There this great laugh-out-loud moment right at the end. Superb!)

So, if any of you are in the mood to be entertained, and haven't had a chance to see these yet, take a moment & do it! Tell 'em I sent ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I've only seen each of these commercials once on tv....but each time I was very impressed by them. It had better choreography...I mean...it matched moods to actions to music better than much of the ballet I've seen. Well done. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I love the dragon one, especially now that I know it is stop-motion animation. What a labor of love.

I told 'em you sent me. They said, "Oh yeah--Beth! We sure like that gal."