Monday, November 14, 2005

Still Twitching

Today was a little stressful at work. One of my coworkers is spending this week in California with a friend, so our already depleted workforce in customer service is dwindling down to nil. Fortunately, I didn't catch any unpleasant calls today, but there was still this sense of frantically trying to keep up. I'd be trying to finish up an order so that our shipping department would have something to do, only to be interrupted with a phonecall that got me involved with trying to fax something to someone else, and then I'd be brought some paperwork from our shipping department indicating that I needed to call someone about something, and then we'd get a return that I'd have to process, and I would remember that I hadn't checked posts on the forum in a while, and wait--had I checked my emails recently? And what did I do with that order that I was working on in the first place?

That was how the whole day went. And, I'm still twitching from it. (Look, you can see the tic in my eye going off right now...)

Now I don't want to give the impression that I hate work. I really don't. In fact, there's a kind of satisfaction with getting through a big pile of work. It's just a bit rough when the pile never seems to diminish.

Sigh. Poor me, I know.

However, despite the busy workday, I still managed to find this incredibly awesome site: http://www.despair.com. (Our email service has these little ads that display in the corner of the screen, so I clicked one during a rare moment of down-time.) Check it out, yo. (Well, you may have already seen this site. As I was sharing it with my family, they were all like, 'Oh yeah! I've seen that! It was soooo way totally funny.' Well, so maybe that was a paraphrase. But, if you've already seen it, go see it again. And laugh again. And have joy again.)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Those are awesome Beth. No offense, but maybe I'll cancel my order for one of your motivational posters and get one of these instead.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

No offense taken. In fact, I, er...um...partnered with these guys to produce posters. Yeees. That's what happened. We're partners. (Maybe someday soon we'll put out that "Intelligence is not the only virtue" poster.)