Friday, March 07, 2008

Tagalicious

Wow. I've just been tagged.

I feel... I feel pretty sweet about that, actually. Mostly because it gives me a chance to share some random stuff about myself with you.

Just for the record, here's what Pat says about the tag in her tagging post: "*Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog."

So, I guess my first random thing would be,

1. After quoting from Pat's blog, I felt a strong need to use APA citation. I think grad school is starting to get to me.
(Just for the record, I think it would be something like:
Pat. (2008, March 6). Granny's house. Retrieved March 7, 2008, from http://grannytsbungalow.blogspot.com/.)

2. I once made a movie with some friends that starred a small, terrycloth-covered, bean animal named Chobee. And I was the female lead.

3. I also once ate (as part of an initiation ceremony) an Oreo dipped in salsa. The weird thing is that, as gross as it sounds, the actual experience wasn't all that bad. I guess Oreos win out over all.

4. My biggest dream currently is to become a youth services librarian who writes books on the side. So far, I'm getting pretty far in the librarian business. The book writing thing? Not so much.

5. Okay. This one may be TMI, but I kind of enjoy plucking my face. I love that little tug you get right before a hair pops out. Um. Yeah. I'm sick.

6. Speaking of sick, and speaking of facial hair, I have this growing fetish for beards on men. We're not talking Lorenzo Snow type beards, here. C'mon, people. But I must confess: I really, really love that well-trimmed, full beard look (none of your goatees for me). Kind of like Commander Riker during his be-bearded days, but a little further up the cheek. Nice.

7. Which brings me to this one: I am a closet Trekkie. (It is true. In addition to being an APA citing, Chobee-loving, salsa & oreo-eating, author-wanna-be-librarianing, hair plucking, beard fetishing girl, I am also a nerd.)

And that's all you need to know about me.

So, to pass on the goodness, I think I'll tag:

Kim
Jekka
Nerd Goddess
Lindsay
Joseph
Christian
Joellen
Ethenielle

Which pretty much sums up my blogging acquaintances. (Although I would have tagged Pinto if she hadn't cursed given up blogging for Lent.)

*******************************************************
Edit: Aha. Hum. So, I tagged 8 people instead. I am not so good with numbers.

6 comments:

Scrapworthy said...

Thanks for playing Beth! Very interesting info here!...and yeah, I pretty much tagged everyone I know too! ha ha

Becky said...

Ah, Chobee. I must say my children were very disappointed he wasn't a stow-away in your bag at Christmas. So do not forget to bring him along next time! (Which will hopefully be very soon?!!)

And I must say, I like the bearded look as well. Good thing I married a mountain man!!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the tag. The wheels are turning.

Also, Oreos rock.

Debbie Barr said...

Thanks for the tag, and it's okay you tagged 8 people... Jospeh hasn't blogged in months.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I'm thinking June, Becks. And I will definitely try to bring Chobee along. Although whether he travels in my checked baggage or carry-on depends on how he behaves himself over the next few months...

Becky said...

Just remind dear old Chobee that if he doesn't mind his P's and Q's, he'll end up in the luggage, gasping for air! I'd even scrub the toilets for you, if I knew it was a matter of comfort of suffocation! ;0)